The MEM Lab (Engineering II Building, Room 102) will be hosting a kickoff event on February 26, 3-5pm. Please stop by for free pizza, MEM merch, and prizes! We hope to see you there!
HackUConn is a 20-hour event, this year taking place on March 1st-2nd, that brings together students of all majors in hopes of finding innovative solutions for this year’s theme Public Safety. Students are provided mentoring and workshops from outside professional companies and teams. Students then pitch their innovative solutions to a panel of judges for the chance to win scholarships/cash prizes.
Where: Werth Tower
When: March 1st – 2nd
It is free to participate in and has no registration commitment.
Amazon Robotics is looking to hire a summer intern for supply chain/logistics management in Massachusetts. For more details on the position and qualifications, please visit the posting. Good luck!
Westminster Tool is accepting resumes from all MEM students (regardless of grade level) for paid, full-time engineering internship positions. Please see the flyer linked below for details on the position and company. Interested students can submit a resume directly to Jvarga@westminstertool.com.
The flyer is available here. Good luck!
SAVE THE DATE!
For the annual…
UConn Engineering Career Fair!
Monday, March 4th & Tuesday, March 5th, 2024
11 am to 3pm
UConn Storrs campus, Student Union, 3rd Floor
Looking for a job after graduation? An internship? A co-op? Then this once-per-calendar-year Engineering ONLY fair is the place for you.
Bring plenty of resumes! Need help updating your resume? Preparing for the fair? Contact Theo Menounos, Assistant Director, Career Coaching & Counseling I Center for Career Development | College of Engineering at BetterAskTheo@uconn.edu. You can also visit this page to find career help.
Professional Attire required!
NOTE – if at all possible, we ask that you leave your backpack in your car, room, or home!
MANUFACTURER CONNECTION FAIR 2024
Wednesday, March 27, 2024
Floor of the Capitol
210 Capitol Ave, Hartford
Calling all CT college students! Are you looking to get a foot in the door with Connecticut’s most prolific manufacturers? We are thrilled to invite you to come to the CT State Capitol on March 27th to meet with 40+ top manufacturing employers! They are looking for eager and enthusiastic students from all over the state for open positions and summer internships! We’ve been joined in the past by Sikorsky, Hanwha Aerospace, GeneralDynamics Electric Boat, and more!
Register here! Each student must register individually.
Email Julianna.Goldfluss@cga.ct.gov if you have any questions!
SME will be hosting a few upcoming career events — check out the information below to learn more! Open to all students. You do not need to be an SME member to attend.
- Thursday, February 1: Career Fair 360 – Maximizing Virtual Success. 2-3 p.m. ET. REGISTER NOW.
- 1 hour
- The 2024 job market demands a new level of readiness, and virtual career fairs are at the forefront of this revolution. Join us for our latest webinar, ‘Career Fair 360: Maximizing Virtual Success,’ designed to empower job seekers gearing up for the SME/WiM Joint Virtual Career Fair on February 8, 2024.
- Wednesday, February 7: SME Career Cafe: Personal Brand – Stand Out in the Crowd. 2-2:30 p.m. ET. REGISTER NOW.
- 30 minutes
- Gain invaluable insights at SME Career Cafe on February 7, where we delve into the art of Personal Branding: Standing Out in the Crowd. This empowering session will provide expert advice on key topics from authenticity to crisis management in personal branding. Personal branding is an important part of enhancing career prospects and helping you navigate your identity in the professional world.
- Thursday, February 8: SME & WiM Joint Virtual Career Fair. 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. ET. REGISTER NOW.
- From 10 am to 2 pm – drop in and out when convenient for you.
- This is a great opportunity for students to speak to recruiters, give out their resume, see what companies are hiring, and see what opportunities are readily available.
For students interested in becoming a member of SME, see this flyer for details.
Global Partners has launched their second Fuel the Future 2030 student design competition, and that student team registration for the competition is now open!
Undergraduate and Graduate student teams are invited to submit design drawings and concepts for the fueling station of 2030, for scholarship prizes up to $10,000. UConn was well represented last year. Hopefully they can do a repeat performance!
Please circulate this note to students who might have interest in participating in the competition. We have seen a broad range of disciplines that have participated including Business, Architecture, Engineering, Liberal Arts and Economics.
Registration closes on January 31.
Happy Holidays! As we end the fall semester 2023 and begin the winter break, I would like to extend my gratitude for the commitment of our faculty and the talented students who have chosen Management and Engineering for Manufacturing. I wish each of you a joyful and restful holiday season and an enjoyable and safe winter break spent in the company of friends, family and loved ones, and hope everyone finds time to relax, have fun, and renew themselves for the new semester and the new year.